Website Amhil North America
Amhil North America is a privately held Thermoforming Plastics Packaging company focused on delivering Best Value to our customers and partners. We provide smart, safe and sustainable packaging solutions for the consumer, industrial and foodservice industries in North America and Europe.
Over the past twenty years, Amhil has expanded its product offering to include drinking cups, portion cups and food packaging and now includes products that are 100% recyclable, produced with recycled content and available as carbon neutral.
Amhil North America is part of the Wentworth Technologies group of companies.
The Printer Technician/Operator ensures a safe work environment and oversees the operation of up to two high-speed printer lines for processing finished products.
Shifts: rotating 8hrs (days/afternoons/nights).
What Will You Do?
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe manner — think Safety First!
- Know where all emergency stops are located.
- Maintain tight control of all materials and keep all forms of waste to a minimum
- Be responsible to ensure that all the necessary equipment, process, quality and sanitation checks are conducted as per established procedures.
- Monitor process and product quality to ensure products are produced within control parameters.
- Complete any and all check sheets or data entry in the computer.
- Trouble-shoot and make adjustments as needed to maintain the highest quality yield at all times.
- Perform and complete changeovers in a timely manner.
- Return inks, plates and folders to the correct locations.
- Assist fellow technicians and cover for breaks as required.
- Conduct and ensure basic preventative maintenance is performed as per established schedules, procedures and practices.
- Identify equipment maintenance issues that need to be performed by a Millwright or Electrician.
- Inform Supervision/ Maintenance or Technical Support of any other issues that affect the operation of the printer.
- Generate license plates for completed skids and move the finished product to the appropriate area for the warehouse to pick up.
- Order cups and cartons from the warehouse in a timely manner.
- Inform supervision of any product defects that require product to be put on hold.
- Identify “On Hold” material with the appropriate label and set aside for further inspection.
- Assist packers / GL’s as required. Watch for mixed product, correct labelling, and correct stacking of finished product on skids. Assist with box taping and other functions as required.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean, orderly and safe. Ensure garbage is dumped and that garbage cans are returned to their places.
What we’re looking for
- A Great Attitude!
- Willing to learn.
- Able to clearly distinguish between colors and shades of colours.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment – printing experience preferred.
- Good mechanical skills and proper use of tools.
- Decision-making, problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work with solvents.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- A commitment to Quality.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to lift 35-40 lbs. on a regular basis and stand for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work in areas of high heat and humidity and high noise levels.
- Willing to wear all required PPE/protective equipment.
- Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts (days, afternoon, nights) as business requires.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Amhil North America provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you’re not viewing this on our website, be sure to visit www.amhil.com/careers for all our available opportunities!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org