Website BFG Enterprise Service
Role: Provides low to high-end technical hardware and software support at the desktop, laptop, printer, network and operating systems level to satisfy the customers’ needs. Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve day-to-day related problems.
- Perform receiving function for all equipment to be staged ensuring that the schedules are adhered to Staging:
- Coordination of day-to-day logistics and warehouse operations
- Unpack, configure, assemble and test all new equipment; computers, monitor laptops, printers, POS terminals, scanners etc. and make sure that they are working before they are shipped to our clients
- Organize staging floor, ensuring that equipment is staged accordingly
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages
- Install, assemble and configure and test computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware. Pull cables and rewires or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and client site reconfiguration
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware and software issues, network and peripheral equipment problems, etc.
- Ensure all incidents are properly logged, triaged, routed, escalated and closed in accordance with predetermined service levels and incident management processes
- Ensuring that all equipment is shipped as scheduled
- Handling all staged equipment as per shipping policies and procedures on a timely basis
- Ensure proper tracking of corporate assets using a searchable data base
- Assist with training staff in the use of standard business software, providing instruction or written documentation where required.
Communicate changes, fixes and processes to the S & C Supervisor’s /Technical Support.
- Assist S & C Supervisor’s/Technical Support with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems.
- Develop and update spreadsheets and generate logistics reports for management on a daily basis
- Periodic travel required to warehouses, suppliers and client sites.
- Must have A+ Certification or equivalent experience, and networking background in a retail environment
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in Technical Support / Staging with a broad exposure to a variety of software and hardware technologies or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience with logistics and warehouse operations
- Proficient with MS Excel and other database software
- Must have a Class G driver’s licence; and the ability to produce a clean driver’s abstract
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and organize work
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, and the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Must have the ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be flexible, and have the ability to work overtime when required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com