Website Jonview Canada
Open Position: Group Buyer
Status: Permanent, Full time
Location: Canada / USA (remote)
WE WORK AS A TEAM with openness to the ideas and expectations of our colleagues, our customers,
and our partners.
WE ARE PROFESSIONALS on a constant quest for excellence, tackling challenges methodically, with
efficiency and integrity, and recognizing the value of creating a fun working environment.
WE GO BEYOND our obligations to our customers, our colleagues, our community, and the
Description: The incumbent will be responsible for the administration of tour and group purchasing with a focus on the United States. As directed by contracting managers, he/she will be responsible for securing space,
negotiating rates, terms, and conditions, and signing contracts.
• Secure space and negotiate rates for group files, both series and adhoc
• Rebuy for group files as required. The goal is centered on margin improvement
• Fully administrate group files and communicate details to groups department: rates on product
sheets, Excel charts, or group booking forms
• Contract or negotiate restaurants, issue and sign Jonview contracts as required
• Support the Sales team (Toronto, Montreal, and overseas offices) as required (competitiveness,
specific clients’ request for space, etc.);
• Support the Operations and Accounting teams as required (alternate services, relocates
• Develop and document procedures for group buying;
• Ensure Jonview servicing standards are maintained daily through effective and accurate
distribution of all communication ( email, website items); accurate and detailed responses to all
requests; professional, polite, and friendly correspondence with clients; personal and immediate
attention to any issues; proactive customer service;
• Learn and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Jonview policies and procedures, as well as
products, tariffs, systems, clients and clients needs, suppliers and supplier needs as well as
markets with a complete understanding of the inter-relation of these matters to other Jonview
• Support Contracting and Product colleagues as required;
• CCRS loading as required.
• Post-secondary studies in tourism or a related field such as US geography, Business
• 3 to 5 years experience in the US travel industry, with related product (group/tour) experience,
a definite asset;
• Bilingual (French/English)
• Contracting/purchasing, negotiations (a must);
• Exceptional administrative skills;
• Autonomous and resourceful;
• Strong multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
• Customer service focused, able to build partnerships;
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and make decisions;
• Good knowledge of MS Office software;
Jonview values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. To facilitate the reading of this document, the masculine form has been retained.
To apply for this position, please visit Booth 18 at the Hire Canada Job Fair & Training Expo on Wednesday, March 22, 2023 between 11AM – 3PM to speak directly with this recruiter.