Website Meraki Commodities Inc.
Meraki Commodities Inc. is the product of a decade of experience in trading grains, pulses and specialty crops internationally and a drive to take part in the future of the industry. We have a wide network of global partners with expertise in procurement, logistics, and marketing that enable us to deliver superior quality products on time across the globe.
Meraki Commodities Inc. has an immediate opening for Junior Grain Buyer to join our growing team. We are looking for an independent self-starter who is confident, self motivated and driven. Ideally, we would like someone to join the team who has some experience in/knowledge of the agriculture industry, a bonus if you have any experience procuring commodities.
The Junior Grain Buyer is responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager with day-to-day grain procurement operations which include:
· Call potential leads and develop new partnership with farmers
· Communicate with customers to fully understand their business and their needs
· Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact
· Assist with resolving issues and escalations
· Assist in executing grain contracts and logistics by coordinating and scheduling farm pick ups
· Create and maintain daily/weekly reporting
· Collaborate and work with all departments in the organization
· Other duties as markets change or assigned to help the team
· Post-secondary Education or related certificate program
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation skills
· Able to build rapport
· Superior listening skills and attentiveness to customer needs
· Ability to develop profitable solutions
· Creative problem solver with experience in costing/process analysis
· Able to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional, objective manner
· Driven with a high level of confidence
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to learn more about the agriculture industry both in Canada as well as the export market. You will be working alongside a well-established team of experts and there is great potential to share in the success of your contributions through our compensation structure.
Job Type: Permanent
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com